1. PREACHING CHRIST WITHOUT THE CROSS.No cost Christianity. Paul determined to know and preach nothing except Christ and Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 2:2). Today it seems we preach everything but Christ and the cross, causing many to live as enemies of the cross (Philippians 3:18).
2. PREACHING SALVATION WITHOUT SANCTIFICATION.No change Christianity. So many claim Christ today with no evidence or change in their lives, and the pulpit is at least partially to blame.
3. PREACHING DECISIONS WITHOUT DISCIPLESHIP.No commitment Christianity. I know we are getting crowds and decisions, but are we making disciples?
4. PREACHING LOVE WITHOUT LORDSHIP.No compliance Christianity. Jesus is Lord, and because He is Lord, he heals, delivers, provides, and saves.
5. PREACHING PROSPERITY WITHOUT PURPOSE.No cause Christianity. God blesses us so that we can be a blessing.
6. PREACHING BLESSING WITHOUT BIRTHRIGHT.No covenant Christianity. Esau threw away his birthright and still expected a blessing. It does not work that way. If we want the blessing, we must accept the covenantal responsibilities that go with the birthright.
7. PREACHING REVIVAL WITHOUT REFORMATION.No transformation Christianity. We are called to be salt and light, to impact individuals and cultures, families and nations. The gospel is supposed to be transformational.
I have certainly been guilty of all of above at different times in my life as a preacher. As I have matured, hopefully, I'm being more and more faithful to preaching the WHOLE WILL OF GOD. How about you?
By Steve Murrell